Table of scholarships
This is a listing of scholarships available in the Counseling Center
ABC Construction Academy Scholarship
*The Associated Builders and Contractors/Saginaw Valley Chapter through the ABC Construction Academy if offering two scholarships to cover cost, tuition, and books for first year students of an available craft training program (2 semesters). Deadline is April.
AAA School Safety Patrol Scholarship Program
* Must show documented proof of AAA Michigan School Safety Patrol participation, have 3.0 GPA, and a 21 or better on ACT. Two $1,000 scholarships awarded. Applications are available online at www.AAA.com/safety and click on AAA School Safety Patrol link. Deadline is April.
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program
*A scholarship will be awarded for up to $1,000 year. Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of their web site: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm. Deadline is June.
Academic Competitiveness Grants (ACG)
*Must be a U.S. citizen, must be Pell eligible, must be a 1st or 2nd year student in a two or four-year degree program, must be a full-time student, must be in a rigorous secondary school program of study. A rigorous program consists of: 4yrs. of English, 3 yrs. of math (include Algebra 1 and one other higher level math), 3 yrs. of science (at least two are one year each in Biology, Chemistry, Physics), 3 yrs of social studies, and 1 yr. of a foreign language. Students must fill out the FAFSA and will be notified if they qualify.
America’s Junior Miss Scholarship
* Founded in 1957, this nonprofit organization seeks to reward very special young women – those who have excelled in the classroom, been active in extracurricular activities, worked to serve their communities, developed their performing talents, and strived to stay physically fit. For more information log onto www.ajm.org.
American Cancer Society
*Must have been diagnosed with cancer before the age of 21, and must be 20 or under at the time of application. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and legal resident of Michigan or Indiana and plan to attend a Michigan or Indiana college, university, or community college and have at least a 2.0 GPA. The scholarships are worth $2,500. Deadline is April 15. For more info write to Young Cancer Survivor Scholarships, American Cancer Society, Great Lakes Division, Attn: Katie Wilson, 1755 Abbey Road, East Lansing, MI 48823 or call 1-800-723-0360.
American Legion Girl Scout Achievement Award
*Applicant must have earned the Girl Scout Gold award and must be active in a religious institution. Essay required for this $1,000 scholarship. Apply at www.legion-aux.org/scholarships/girlscoutaward. Deadline is February.
American Legion Auxiliary Medical Career Scholarship
* Must be a daughter, granddaughter, great-granddaughter, sons, grandsons, great-grandsons, wives or widows of honorably discharged or deceased men or women veterans of particular wars for the American Legion Scholarship and must be entering a medical field to qualify. The $500 grant is to apply toward the expense of tuition, room and board, fees, books and supplies necessary for pursuit of study at any school, college or other education institution in the State of Michigan. Deadline is March 15.
American Legion Auxiliary Memorial Scholarship
* Must be a daughter, granddaughter or great-granddaughter of any honorably discharged or deceased men/women veterans of particular wars for the American Legion Scholarship. Applicants are judged according to need and scholastic standing. The $500 grant is to apply toward the expenses of tuition at any school, college, or other educational institution in the State of Michigan. Applications are available at www.michalaux.org. Deadline is March 15.
American Legion Auxiliary Non-Traditional Student
* Applicant must be a member of The American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, or Sons of The American Legion and shall have paid dues for the two preceding years and for the calendar year in which application is made. Deadline is March 1.
American Legion Auxiliary National President’s Scholarship
*Must be daughters or sons of veterans who served in the Armed Forces during eligibility dates for membership in the American Legion. There will be 15 scholarships awarded, three scholarships will be awarded in each Division of the American Legion Auxiliary, one in the amount of $2,500; one in the amount of $2,000; and one in the amount of $1,000. Deadline is March 1
American Legion Auxiliary Spirit of Youth Scholarship
*One 4-year scholarship will be awarded in each Division of the American Legion Auxiliary in the amount of $1,000 per year. Applicants must be junior members of the American Legion for at least three years. Application packet must be presented to the unit President. Deadline is March 1.
AXA Achievement Community Scholarship (LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP)
*The AXA Achievement Community Scholarship program offers $2,000 college scholarships to high school seniors who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in their activities in school, the community or the workplace. The scholarships are sponsored by the AXA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of AXA Advisors, LLC. Deadline: February.
AXA Achievement Scholarship (NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP)
The AXA Foundation has launched the AXA Achievement Scholarship Program in association with U.S. News and World Report. They will be awarding $670,000 in scholarships to high school seniors who have demonstrated a drive to succeed through their accomplishments in high school. To qualify, students should be well rounded, determined to do their personal best and have demonstrated achievement – at a job, sport or extracurricular activity. Deadline: December.
Bay Area Runner’s Club Scholarship
Applicant must be a full-time high school senior with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA, financial need, and 2 years of track and field or cross-country. Students must also demonstrate a commitment to do their personal best academically and athletically. One letter of recommendation from track coach/staff is required. Students must be a resident of Areanc, Bay, Huron, Midland, Saginaw, or Tuscola County. Deadline is March.
Bay Port Fish Sandwich Festival King/Queen
*Applicants must reside in Huron County and must be at least entering their senior year of high school but not older than 23 years of age. Applicants must fill out an application packet and attend an interview. Deadline is July of the current year. Contact is email@example.com.
John C. Beaudin Memorial Military Award
A scholarship will be given to a graduating Ubly Senior who plans to enter the military. Applications are in the counseling office and the deadline is April.
Two $500 scholarships will be given to high school seniors within each of the three Michigan Sugar Factory Districts. Students must be related to a member of the Michigan Sugar Company member and will have to write a 300-word essay on a topic related to the sugar industry. Applications are due in March.
Book Dollars For Scholars
Open to high school seniors who will have an opportunity to win one of fifty-six gift certificates, ranging from $250 to $5,000 apiece, for use at any IndieBound affiliated independent bookstore. To win the certificates, high school students can visit www.JamesPatterson.com and enter into and win an essay contest. The essay question is “How has your favorite book inspired you toward what you’d like to do in life?” The fifty-six students whose applications, which will be read by James Patterson and select members from his ReadKiddoRead.com board, show the most creative thoughts on how books can energize real-life pursuits will receive the following: one of eight first-place awards of $5,000 apiece; one of eight second-place awards of $2,500 apiece; or one of forty third-place awards of $250 apiece. Deadline is December..
* Sons, daughters, or grandchildren of a veteran. Selection is based on student’s academic standing (2.5 minimum), financial need, and proof of parent’s or grandparent’s military service. The scholarship is worth $500 and the deadline is January.
Burger King Scholars
*Awards must be used for educational expenses and must be used during the first year of college or post-secondary vocational/technical school. Awards are given without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability, or national origin. Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, works part-time, be involved in community service, demonstrate financial need, and plans to enroll in an accredited two/or four year university. Application is available at www.burgerkingscholarship.com. Deadline: December.
Careers in Agriculture Scholarship
*Winfield Solutions, LLC is offering the Careers in Agriculture Scholarship program to 20 high school seniors who demonstrate scholastic achievement, leadership in agriculture and a perceived ability to contribute to agriculture in the future. Applicants must be 2009 graduates and must be pursuing a degree in an agriculture related field. Applications are available at www.agrisolutionsinfo.com, click on 2009 Scholarship. Deadline is February.
Must have a 3.0 GPA, they are looking for students with leadership qualities, such as a student council member, yearbook, or some type of organization that provides the opportunity for students to showcase special talents and efforts. Apply online at www.coca-colascholars.org. Deadline is October 31.
The Conclave announces the opportunity for you to earn one of three scholarships to the most respected Broadcasting schools in the Midwest. Scholarships totaling over $35,000 may allow you to enter into the most exciting and challenging industry in the world – Broadcast Communications. Deadline: April.
Cooperative Elevator Co. Scholarship
Cooperative Elevator awards scholarships to area FFA and 4-H members. Students must be entering the agriculture field and have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Deadline is March.
Covenant HealthCare Foundation Scholarships
*Covenant HealthCare Foundation announces the High School Senior Scholarship Program. Awards this year include five scholarships, totaling $10,000, to seniors pursuing a medical science degree. Graduating seniors who are currently attending a Saginaw, Bay, Arenac, Huron and Tuscola County High School are eligible to apply. Deadline is March .
Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship
*The NSDAR (National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution) offers various scholarships to graduating high school seniors planning on attending an accredited college or university. Scholarships are offered in the fields of Political Science, Nursing, and Medicine. For more information visit the High School Counseling Office. Deadlines range from February 15 to April 15.
Delta Upsilon/University of Michigan Scholarship
*This scholarship is intended to help young men who will be attending the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor Campus). Two scholarships each worth $500 will be awarded. The recipients of these awards will be chosen based on their personal and academic qualities. You need not join Delta Upsilon or any other Greek society to be eligible. Deadline is May.
Discover Scholarship Program
* This is for Juniors only and they must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 in the 9th and 10th grades. They must also demonstrate accomplishments in four out of these five areas: Special Talents, Leadership, Obstacles Overcome, Community Service, and Unique Endeavors. Students may apply at www.applyists.net using access key DISC. Deadline is January.
Eastern Michigan University Alumni Assn. Scholarship
*The Alumni Association of Eastern Michigan University is offering a renewable scholarship to children and grandchildren of EMU alumni enrolling in EMU as freshman, sophomores, or transfer students in the fall of 2009. This award is not based on financial need. More information is available at www.emich.edu/alumni/awards/scholar.html. Application deadline is March.
Elks National Foundation – “Most Valuable Student” Scholarship Competition
This is based on Scholarship, Leadership, and Financial Need. The applicant must prepare an essay of 350 words or less stating: role leadership has played in you high school accomplishments, determining career aspirations, achieving these life goals, and preparing for college. You also must include one letter of recommendation. Awards range from $1,000 to $7,500. Deadline is December.
Elks Gold Key Scholarship
*This a scholarship for students with physical or mental challenges. It is a $2000.00 per year renewable scholarship. Applications are available on-line a mielks.org.
ESA (Epsilon Sigma Alpha) Foundation Scholarship
*Various scholarships available. Visit www.esaintl.com/esaf/scholarship
* We have a scholarship book available in the Counseling Center for FFA participants or visit www.ffa.org. Deadline is February .
Kenley Farrel Memorial Scholarship
*This scholarship applicant must be a U.S. citizen, a Michigan resident, college bound high school senior or a college undergraduate, a GPA of 2.5 or better, attending a Michigan college/university in the Natural Science or related field and not have received a previous MMCA scholarship. Deadline is October.
Greenstone Farm Credit Services Scholarship
Students must be entering an agricultural field and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher to qualify. An application and two letters of recommendation are due in February.
Horatio Alger Scholarship
*The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have overcome adversity to pursue a college education. Applicants must be high school seniors planning to enter college in the fall to obtain a bachelor’s degree, show financial need, be involved in community service, have a minimum 2.0 GPA, and be a U.S. Citizen. Apply online at www.horatioalger.org/scholarships by October.
Huron Chapter of the Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel Scholarship
* This is a $500 scholarship toward furthering the education of a high school graduate
who intends to pursue a four-year course of study in teacher education. Only students graduating from a Huron County high school are eligible to apply. This award is not awarded until the applicant has completed one year of college. Deadline is March.
Huron County 4-H Council Scholarship
*The Huron County 4-H Council will be awarding four $100 scholarships to seniors who are members of a Huron County 4-H program and enrolled in college. Two letters of recommendation are required. Applications are available in the High School Counseling office and the deadline is April.
Huron County Bean Queen
Participants must be unmarried and the daughter of a farmer who has grown dry beans within the past five years. Participants must be between the ages of 17 and 25. Deadline is June.
Huron County Community Foundation Scholarships
- Francis and Opal Hund Scholarship
*Scholarship will be awarded to an Ubly High School graduate. Graduate must have exhibited the following characteristics: Market improvement in grades and citizenship during High School years, has the desire and determination to further his/her education, and is industrious and needs financial assistance. The intent is to award this scholarship to an individual who would not qualify for other scholarships on the basis of his/her GPA, but is a person who the committee feels would work hard to succeed in college. Application must be made through the Huron County Community Foundation. Application information is available in the Counseling Center. Deadline is April.
- Jason Kiehl Memorial Scholarship Fund
* Two scholarships will be awarded annually. Scholarships will be awarded to two graduating high school seniors attending a HATC high bay program who intend to continue their education. Huron County residency is required. Two letters of recommendation and a copy of the FAFSA report required. Deadline is April.
- Steven Kuzak Golf Scholarship Fund
* Must be a Huron County High School graduate with golfing ability who plans to pursue a four-year college degree, need financial aid, and Huron County citizenship and residency required. Two letters of recommendation and a copy of the FAFSA report required. Deadline is April.
- The Judge Neil R. MacCallum Memorial Fund
* High school graduating senior or student already enrolled in CMU, Mt. Pleasant, MI either full time or part time with plans to earn a bachelor degree. Minimum B average and demonstrated financial need according to the FAFSA. Huron County residency is required. Deadline is April.
- Betty Zulauf Academic Scholarship
*This scholarship is available to UHS graduates pursuing a two or four year degree in engineering, math, medicine, technology or science. The one time scholarship is a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $2,000.
- Madeline M Baurer Scholarship
*This scholarship will be based on financial need, academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, character, and citizenship.
- Maurer/Yageman Bowling Scholarship
To be eligible for the scholarship, graduating males and females (one each will be awarded annually if criteria are met) must have a minimum grade designation of a “C” or equivalent grade point average. The male and female applicant must have bowled two out of four years of high school, with a minimum of 12 complete games in the senior year. Students must be in one of the five districts currently participating in the Upper Thumb USBC BA, which includes Bad Axe; Harbor Beach; Elkton-Pigeon Bay Port; North Huron and Ubly. Change may occur with the addition of future high school bowling programs
- Clarence and Loraine Braun Scholarship
Eligibilty criteria include being a participant of a Huron Area Technical Center program for a minimum of one-year or rural school student for at least four years, graduate of a Huron County High School, minimum 2.5 GPA for the junior/senior year performance or a minimum 3.00 GPA if a college student, Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from FAFSA form to be considered in the case of two equally qualified and deserving students, and must be accepted into a technical or trade school or two-year or four-year college or university program
- Paul F. Streussing Sr. Murphy’s Bakery Scholarship
This Scholarship is to benefit a student at the Huron Area Technical Center in the Food and Hospitality Program that is planning to pursue an education at a two or four year institution with a degree in Food or Hospitality Services or pursuing a culinary trade school program. Career plans might take the form of Foodservice Management, Hospitality Management, Chef, Pastry Chef, Baker, Caterer, or teaching in this field. Students applying must have a minimum GPA of a 2.0 and have demonstrated consistent improvement over the course of their two year Technical Center studies. All students applying for this scholarship will need to compose an essay stating what they have learned from their studies at the Technical Center and what their future plans are.
- Gib Rooney Family Scholarship
The Gib Rooney Family is open to Huron County graduating seniors pursuing an education in a construction-related career at a two or four year institution. That career could take the form of business, heavy equipment operations or construction engineering. Those applying for the scholarship must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and have demonstrated improvement over the course of their high school studies. Consideration will be given to students who have held a part-time job during high school.
- Gemini Plastics, Inc. Scholarship
This scholarship is available to students who will be entering the field of Engineering, Drafting, or Tool and Die.
Scholarship amount is $1000.00.
Huron County Corn Growers Association Scholarship
Applicants must be a high school senior and presently enrolled in FFA. Individuals selected for the scholarship are expected to attend the Annual Meeting in March. Applications are due in February.
Huron County Health Career Scholarship
* For students who have a strong interest in a health career and need financial help to reach their goal. Selection is based on the dedication of the student to a health care career and financial need. Deadline is April.
Huron County Junior Livestock Association Scholarship
* For high school seniors who have exhibited at the Huron County Fair. Deadline is June.
Huron County Republican Party Scholarship
This is a $500 scholarship for students. Requirements are a resident of Huron County, a graduating senior, applicant must submit high school transcript, applicant must be a registered voter or agree to register to vote within 30 days of his/her birthday, must submit a 300-500 word essay and have been accepted to a higher learning institute. Deadline is April.
Huron County Right to Life Scholarship
One scholarship is awarded annually to an outstanding senior in Huron County. Students must write an essay and describe prolife involvement and activities. Deadline is January.
Trudy A. Kain Memorial Scholarship
* Richard D. Kain initiated the Trudy A. Kain Memorial Scholarship to honor her love of and dedication to the education of your children. In her memory, a graduating senior will receive a non-renewable tuition scholarship of $500 to defray the cost of an undergraduate, academic degree. Applicant must have a 3.0 minimum GPA and ACT score 21 minimum. Deadline: May.
Kohl’s Kids Who Care Scholarship
* Ten $5000 scholarships will be awarded. Scholarships will be awarded to outstanding young people, ages six through 18, for their volunteer activities. Students must be nominated. You may download nomination form from www.kohls.com or fill out a form at any Kohl’s Customer Service Desk.
LeTendre Education Fund
*The Letendre Education Fund awards scholarships to students who have experienced homelessness and who have demonstrated academic achievement. Apply online at www.naehcy.org/letendre, deadline is September.
MaxPreps Citizen Athlete
The Army National Guard announces the annual MaxPreps Citizen Athlete Program. This program will award a total of $25,000 to high school student-athletes who are model citizens in all areas of life: community service, academics, athletics and school involvement. $2500.00 scholarships will be awarded to each of the top five young men and top five young women in the country. Entries must be submitted by March at www.MaxPreps.com/citizen athlete.
* Criteria for selection is based on academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, and school/community service. Applicants must be planning on attending a Michigan college or university. Students must include ACT score, a personal resume, and two letters of recommendation. Deadline is February.
MECA Scholarship Award
Parents must be a member or employee of your local rural electric cooperative. Students must be planning to attend or currently attending a Michigan college or school full-time. Deadline is April.
MSU Alumni Scholarship
*The College of Education Alumni Association of Michigan State University is pleased to offer a scholarship for incoming MSU freshman who plan to pursue a degree in K-12 education. Students may apply online beginning December 1 with a deadline of January. Go to http://www.msu.edu and click on COEAA Freshman Scholarship Application link.
Michigan Cardiovascular Institute Foundation
*Available to a deserving student pursuing a career in the healthcare field. Students may apply at www.saginawfoundation.org/grants_and _scholarships/scholarships/. Deadline is February.
Michigan Competitive Scholarship
* Student’s must achieve an ACT qualifying score (23) and must demonstrate financial need. Students apply when they take the ACT. Those who qualify should file the financial aid application with the process or before February. This is an automatic scholarship to students who qualify.
Michigan Corn Growers Association Scholarship
*Available to all members of the MCGA, including students, growers, and associates, as well as children of members between the ages of 17-25. Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution to be eligible. Applications can be obtained from the MCGA office by calling 517-668-CORN (2676) or online at www.micorn.org. Applications are also available in the High School Counseling office. Deadline to apply is February.
Michigan Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired
*Applicant must be both legally blind and a resident of the State of Michigan. Proof of blindness must accompany the application. If you are a client of MI Commission for the Blind, your Individual Written Rehabilitation Program must be attached. Deadline: June.
Michigan Mosquito Control-William J. Lechel, II Memorial Scholarship
*Based on a 15 minute presentation related to mosquito research or other pest-related fields. Applicants must be enrolled in a college, present letter of recommendation and completed application. Deadline is October.
Michigan National Teenager Scholarship
*Awarded to young women for scholastic achievement, leadership, community involvement and communication skills. Visit www.minationalteenager.com. Deadline is March.
Michigan Nursery & Landscape Association Scholarship Application
* The Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association (MNLA) is committed to furthering the education of those pursuing careers in the green industry by awarding scholarships to qualified applicants who are entering or already enrolled in a college program. Deadline: November.
Michigan Oil & Gas Producers Education Foundation
*This scholarship is Michigan high school seniors having a minimum GPA of 3.0 and has been accepted at a Michigan university or community college. Applicants must be pursuing a degree in an energy related field of study with the ambition of seeking to obtain full-time employment in the oil & gas industry, an energy related industry or allied industry and need of financial aid. Deadline is April.
Michigan Pork Industry Scholarship Program
*Participants must be a high school senior pursuing a college degree and demonstrate an interest in the future of the pork industry. Students must submit an application, participate in an interview and present a 5-10 minute speech on some facet of the pork industry. Scholarships range from $500 -$1500. Deadline: January.
Michigan Retailers Association
* At least 12 scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,000 will be awarded. Awards are not based on financial need. To be eligible, the student or a parent must be employed at a business that is a member of MRA. You may access an application at www.retailers.com (ACCESS CODE: MIRA) or apply online at www.scholarshipadministrators.net. Applications must be requested by March 15 and submitted by April.
Michigan Society of Professional Engineers
* Applicant must be accepted at a Michigan ABET accredited college or university and enrolled in an engineering program, be a high school senior, a resident of Michigan, and a U.S. citizen at the time of the application, have a least a 3.0 gpa for 10th & 11th grade, attain a minimum ACT test score of 26. Deadline is in January.
Michigan State Troopers Assistance Fund Scholarship
* Applicants will be selected through consideration of current GPA, high school transcript; they must attach a copy of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, and complete the scholarship application. A cash award of $500 is granted to selected recipient in the name of the recipient and the college. Deadline is April.
Michigan Sugar Scholarship
* Applicant must be female, at least 18 years old (during her reign) and not older than 23 (during her reign). You must have never been married and have no minor dependents. You must be single for the entire reign. The Michigan Sugar queen will receive a $2,000 scholarship and a $1,000 scholarship to each the 1st and 2nd runner up. Applications due in April.
Michigan Tuition Rewards
*This scholarship is available to every family if you qualify. To learn more of this scholarship, please visit www.tuitionrewards.org.
Minden City Community Clinic Medical Scholarship
*Students must be entering a human medical field. Deadline is April.
Monsanto Commitment to Agriculture Scholarship
NALS of Michigan Scholarship Award
*Seniors who are enrolled, or planning to enroll, in a school of advanced education pursuing a degree in the legal field. Deadline is January.
Narayan PT and Medical Scholarship
*Students must be entering a medical field. Deadline is March.
National Honor Society Scholarship
*Must be a NHS member and planning on entering college. Essay required. Deadline April.
National Peace Essay
*Students in grades nine through twelve are eligible to participate. First place State Winners will receive college scholarships of $1,000. They will also compete for national awards of $10,000, $5,000 and $2,500 for first, second, or third place. The Deadline to apply is February. Students may apply online at www.usip.org.
National Wild Turkey Federation
*Students must hold a current NWTF membership and have a current hunting license. Essay is required. December deadline.
Rosa Parks Scholarship Foundation
* This is a one-year nonrenewable scholarship. Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above, describe financial need, complete essay, be active in civic and community service, and have three letters of recommendation. Deadline is March .
Presidential Freedom Scholarship
*Applicant must be a junior or senior and have completed at least 100 hours of community service, have secured matching funds of $500, and have not received this scholarship in the past. Apply online at www.nationalservice.gov/scholarships. Deadline is May.
Princess Scholarship Program
The Princess Scholarship Program is designed to recognize women between the ages of 17-23, currently a high school senior or enrolled in an accredited university, who invest their time and energy in their community in a positive way. Applicants are judged based on academics, campus and community involvement, personality and knowledge of America’s Thanksgiving Parade, as well as their completed application and interview. Four parade ambassadors will receive a $250.00 scholarship and the top candidate will receive a $1000.00 scholarship. Application deadline is August.
Anthony L. Rapes Memorial Scholarship
* Applicant must be a Huron County student planning to major in Agriculture or related field. Deadline is March.
Rare Everyday Heroes Scholarship Competition
RARE would like to hear the story of your Everyday Hero for your chance to win $2500.00. Students must graduate in May or June, submit an original essay about someone whom they consider to be an Everyday Hero. GPA and test Scores are NOT part of this scholarship. Counselor’s signature required on the application. Entries must be post-marked by December 1. For more details, see Mrs. Brandel or visit www.RAREfoundation.org and look for the Writing Scholarships link.
Recreational Boating Industries Educational Foundation
* The FBIEF Foundation provides scholarships and educational programs to students who will be enrolled in any accredited university or college. These scholarships are directed to persons who would like to pursue a career in the recreational boating industry. Deadline is March.
Michael R. & Carol Reno Scholarship
*Offered by College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences at CMU. Applicants must be planning on attending CMU, minimum 3.5 GPA, Huron County resident, ACT score of at least 24, demonstrate financial need, submit an essay and a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher. Deadline is March.
Ronald McDonald House Scholarship
*Applicants must submit an application, transcript, Personal Statement, Letter of Recommendation, Parent IRS 1040 Form. Application deadline is January. Website is www.rmhc.org.
Saginaw Community Foundation
*Applications for the following scholarships must be electronically submitted and mailed to the Foundation office by February 1. No late applications will be accepted.
- Steve Wagner Scholarship
*Applicants must be pursuing degrees in the engineering or surveying fields.
- Clifford H. Spicer Memorial Scholarship
*To qualify a student must be a High School Senior, Michigan resident, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, pursuing a degree in land surveying or civil engineering, attend an ABET-accredited program and be a full-time student.
- Team One Credit Union Scholarship
*This scholarship is for children of members. Students must have a minimum 2.7 GPA, applicant, parent, or guardian must be a current member of Team One Credit Union, must be a high school senior, pursuing an undergraduate degree, and be a full-time student.
- Theron & Marion Fager Team One Scholarship
*This scholarship was established to honor the Fager’s and their dedication to education and team sports. Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, applicant, parent, or guardian must be a current member of Team One Credit Union, be a high school senior, pursuing an undergraduate degree at Michigan State University, and must have lettered in a varsity sport in high school.
- Circle Michigan
For students entering the hospitality and tourism field.
To find criteria for these scholarships and to download an application, please visit the Saginaw Foundation website and click on "Grants and Scholarships".
Sanilac County Farm Bureau
* $500 scholarship to students if they or their parents are regular members of the Sanilac County Farm Bureau. Request applications from the Sanilac County Farm Bureau office. Application deadline is April.
Sigma Alpha Sorority
A $500.00 scholarship will be awarded to one student who has a sincere interest in the agriculture field. Students will need to write an essay that will creatively grasp and discuss the challenges and opportunities that they have been given in the agricultural industry. Entries must be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org by February.
*The requirements for this program are; must be a U.S. citizen, Pell grant recipient for same payment period or award year, in 3rd or 4th year of a four year degree program, full-time enrollment in an eligible major, cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in student’s eligible program, and no rigorous high school program required. The major fields of study for the Smart Grant are: Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Technology, Designated Foreign, Life Sciences, and Languages. Payments are $2,000 for Jr. year and $2,000 for Sr. year. Students must fill out the FAFSA. This is an automatic scholarship for those who qualify.
Jean M. R. Smith Foundation
Applicant must be a graduating senior in the Public School District of Huron County and must plan on attending a college or university that is described in section 170(b)(1)(A)(ii) of the Code to pursue education training in the liberal arts. Application deadline is April.
Spartan Insurance Agency Scholarship
*Applicant must be pursuing a field of study related to agriculture, in either a 2 yr. or 4 yr. program, a GPA 2.6 or higher, must be located in the Spartan Insurance Agency insured area. Deadline is April.
St. Clair County Community College
*Multiple scholarships are available and can be accessed online at www.sc4.edu/financialaid.
St. John the Evangelist of Ubly Christian Mother’s Education Scholarship
* Applicant must be high school senior planning to continue post-secondary education, parishioner of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church of Ubly, and a minimum GPA of 2.0. Please request applications from the church. Deadline: April..
State Bar of Michigan Legal Assistants Section Scholarship
*Applicants must have at least “C” average, enrolled in college for Fall term pursuing a Legal Assistant degree/certificate, Michigan resident, and complete an entire application with all required attachments. Deadline is June.
Student Council Scholarship
*The Ubly High School Student Council is offering a $200 scholarship to three seniors that are well rounded. Requirements: Involved in three extra-curricular groups, GPA 2.75 or higher, and 300 word essay; Topic: “The Importance of Being Involved in School Activities” write in first person using personal examples, two letters of recommendations from adults. The deadline for this scholarship is in Apri.
Syngenta Potato Scholarship
Syngenta will award a $5,000.00 scholarship to a senior who is part of the potato-growing industry, or who participates in Michigan FFA or 4-H programs. A 350 word essay is required. For more information visit the website at www.syngentaptotatoscholarhip.com. Deadline is September.
Team One Credit Union Scholarship
* In order to qualify for this the applicant, a parent or legal guardian must be a member of Team One Credit Union. This is a $500 tuition scholarship. Requirements include a GPA of 2.7, an essay, financial need, qualities of citizenship and leadership, community activities, honors, extra-curricular activities, and two letters of recommendation. Deadline is February. Apply online at www.saginawfoundation.org
Donald Teeple Memorial Scholarship
* Student must be a graduate of UHS, be attending a two-year, four-year or technical school, financial need will be considered, be involved in school and/or community, must have a 2.0 GPA or higher. Applicants will be chosen by a committee. Deadline is April.
Thumb Buds Branch of the Michigan Women’s Farm and Garden Association Scholarship
*This scholarship is given to a deserving student furthering their education in the field of Agriculture, Natural Resources, Horticulture, Landscape or Turf Management. High school seniors in Cass City, Deckerville, Marlette, Sandusky or Ubly school districts may apply for the scholarship. Deadline is March.
Thumb Cellular Communication Scholarship
* In order to be eligible for the $500 Thumb Cellular Communication Scholarship, you must prepare a resume as if you were submitting it for employment; write a one-page essay on the theme “Communication in the Workplace and Everyday Life”. Deadline is March.
Toyota Community Scholars Scholarship
*Applicants must have minimum 3.0 GPA, involved in a service organization, and plan to pursue a four-year degree. Applicants must be nominated by the school by December.
Lem Tucker Journalism Scholarship
*Offered by CMU and applicants must have minimum 3.0 GPA and minimum ACT composite of 18. This award is for students looking to get a degree in print or broadcast journalism. Applications are online at www.ccfa.cmich.edu.
*This scholarship is tuition assistance for Healthcare students. $250,000 in scholarships are available. Ten $10,000 grants or 150 $1,000 grants are being offered to undergraduate and graduate students in health-related fields of study. Apply online at www.tylenol.com. Deadline is April.
Ubly Community Club College Scholarship
Ubly high school senior with a 2.0 GPA. Students must have participated in volunteer activities. Deadline is April.
Ubly FFA Senior Scholarship
Must be an active FFA member in good standing, be attending a college or trade school, 2.0 or higher GPA, and attend the FFA banquet to be presented the certificate. Application deadline is April.
Ubly School Board of Education Scholarship
*To be eligible, applicants must have minimum 2.5 GPA, have been active in leadership activities/clubs or organizations, complete a 300 word essay describing have leadership activities have helped prepare for post-secondary goals, a letter of recommendation from club/organization sponsor and a completed application. Deadline is April 1.
Ubly Lioness Club Scholarship
*The Ubly Lioness Club will grant a $300 scholarship to one person graduating from Ubly High School this school year. This scholarship is available to both male and female applicants. Deadline: April.
Ubly PTO Scholarship
*The Ubly Community Schools PTO is pleased to offer an annual scholarship to a community-oriented graduation senior of Ubly High School who has been a volunteer and who intends to attend a college, university, junior college, or trade school. Funds will be paid directly to the higher learning institution. Applications must be returned in a sealed envelope to Mrs. Brandel or the PTO mailbox by May.
United States Marine Corps Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Scholarship Program
*Must be a U.S. Citizen at least 17 years of age, physically qualified by Marine Corps standards, apply for and gain admission to a NROTC college, and achieve a minimum composite score of 22 on the ACT test. Marine Corps applicants should apply through Marine Corps recruiting offices or use www.nrotc.navy.mil.
Kelly Vermeersch Scholarship
*This $1000 scholarship is for a high school senior going into a law enforcement career. Deadline is May.
Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship
Students must excel in academics, participate in sports and be involved in your community and extracurricular activities. Students can apply at wendysheisman.com. Deadline is October.
Will to Win Asthma Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes seniors who are outstanding, disciplined, determined and successful in managing their asthma. Scholarships will be awarded to two seniors in each of the categories: Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Community Service, Athletics, and Science. Students must have a minimum of a 3.5 GPA. Applications are available in the counseling office or students may visit www.willtowinscholarship.com for an application or for more information.
Guy M. Wilson Scholarship
*Available to sons, daughters and grandchildren of Veterans planning to attend a Michigan college. Selection is based on student’s academic standing (2.5 minimum), financial need, proof of parent’s or grandparent’s military service record, student’s ability to achieve, and goals and intentions. Scholarship is worth $500. Deadline is January.
Woman’s Life Chapter 852 Scholarship
*Available to any student enrolled in college or training/technical school. Two - $500.00 scholarships will be given. Deadline is June.
Women’s Nat’l Farm & Garden Scholarship - Harbor Beach Branch
*One $500 scholarship to a student planning to pursue a course of study in Horticulture or other related agricultural field. The recipient must maintain a GPA in college of at least 2.5 to receive monetary funding which will be distributed after one semester of in college and proof of acceptable GPA. Eligibility to qualify is graduate of Public School, attending a 2 or 4 yr. College or University and a minimum GPA of 3.0. Deadline: April.
**DUE DATES ARE APPROXIMATE. Please check all scholarships for due dates as they may change from year to year.
**There are scholarships available according to the specific colleges or universities you want to attend. Please check with your local college or university for deadlines and requirements. Be diligent about this as some students forfeit these scholarships because they are not meeting deadlines.
- FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION & SCHOLARSHIP SEARCHES -
www.finaid.org Financial Aid Information Page
www.finaid.org/finaid/scams.html Scholarship scams information
www.MI-StudentAid.org MI Search Free Scholarship Service
www.fastweb.com Fast Web Free Scholarship Search
www.@studentscholarships.org Student Scholarships
www.schoolsoup.com Student Scholarships
www.cappex.com Student Scholarships